Monday, July 31, 2006

Hi, this is Meg(Ti-Cheng) from Taiwan.

I am blessed to be a part of the Ambassador Program. Joining this program is one of the most rewarding experiences I have had in this summer. Although it has a tight schedule, yet every minute was well spend. I usually went to sleep at midnight and woke up at 7 sharp. I wouldn’t say it was a torture, but it was really demanding.

However, “the price of greatness is responsibility.” It was definitely worth to be demanded. During the program, esp. when I was really tired, I asked myself why not have an enjoyable summer and just hang out with friends? If Taiwan’s situation is easy, I have a reason to have an easy life. Yet Taiwan is marginalized by this world. It is frustrating, but it is not the end of the world. I was so touched that there are many foreigners who do care about Taiwan, and worked hard not to isolate Taiwan. I know some senators or congressmen may forget about meeting us, but if we could keep meeting them year after year, they probably will recognize Taiwan someday.

Last but not the least, I do appreciate Formosa Foundation for giving me the chance to speak up for Taiwan in the States. I’m sure I have gained a more concrete Taiwanese identity after this program. If people around me can see this slight influence from me, I am glad I can help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home