Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I am Rado, now struggling with Chicken Pox(水痘), which most of our age had suffered long time ago. To think of the trip in the US, however, is knid of alleviating my pain, because it was exciting and full of wonderful events.

I could hardly remember how I survived the first week in LA, but I'm sure the Bonaventure is one of the best hotel I've ever been. Everymorning before 7, I got to wake up and dress myself and then rush, through confusing paths, to the meeting room, and not sure whether I have time for my breakfast. Lectures were almost good, really, just a little too much to digest. After all-day workshop, the office in World Trade Center would start another round of fighting, fight for WHO, high-level visit, FTA, voting records, or a drink in 35th floor in the next building. That was a fantastic process that made me grow, because I couldn't believe there are so many people can get together to suffer and make fun of it at the same time! Not kidding, it's all for Taiwan.

Time flied, and we came to DC. Politics is not so sunny, just as the wheather there. We started to learn how to present to the MC's, but the fake MC's always tortured us. The way to Capital Hill was difficult, and to find the right building was no easy job. No wonder the meeting I had joined with the aids/MC's were not always smooth, because it's not easy for them to get their places, too. However, I was glad to see all theses people, for I know that most of them agree with the rights we ask for, though few of them could give concrete support. But I'm not so frustrated, because to make a dream come true is not always easy, at least we dare to dream it, and we will definitely get some rewards. Part of the rewards realized soon, they were Tequila and Bud Light beer and other numerous drinks I would never remember, among tasty dishes and at relaxing bars. Still, we have to do role-play and have meeting, no matter how relaxing in those few hours.

Now, back in Taiwan, the excitement during the two weeks is hardly to recall. The next time I can feel it must be our renuion when we talk about it. But it's fine becasue we have this blog, and anyone of us can post that feeling at will. And the most important is that we have known each other, and realize we can do something for Taiwan because there is Formosa Foundation. I don't want to be emotional but that really makes me happy and comforting, for we, people who have similar moves deep in heart, can share what we think and form as a group, and have experienced all this together...let's have a drink soon!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home